10.7.16

Pink trio #708


Daily painting #708 6"x8" oil on primed canvas panel

I have been away with my family for a few days on a wonderful trip to the bush. We went to a game reserve about two and a half hours away from home called Hluhluwe/Umfolozi. We were planning on just doing a days road trip there but we couldn't resist spending a few days and nights instead. I have what feels like a million photos to sort through but I promise to share a couple with you. For all the bad publicity South Africa regularly gets in the press and on social media, I can't help but want to share with you just how beautiful our country is too.

So it's back to my studio and what better way to get me going than with a little daily painting. As you know I always paint little daily paintings from real life objects that are around me. I am often inspired by objects from my kitchen, but I haven't been to the store or market and don't have much in my kitchen that inspires me (to cook or paint....clearly I need to go shopping). So it was a little jar of flowers that was left on my desk before we went away that attracted my attention. There are always flowers somewhere to inspire me!

Purchase paintings at Heidi Shedlock Fine Art
(Click on the highlighted writing to view gallery of available daily paintings)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...