25.3.15

Cockroach #542


Daily painting #542 4"x6" oil on primed canvas panel

For those of you who cringe when I paint bugs, today I empathize with you. Cockroaches have to be, along with snakes, my most irrational of all fears! In Durban we get a large flying variety that somehow have this honing mechanism that sends them flying straight for you! When they do eventually settle, their feelers have a way of tantalizing you like radar sensors looking for the next possible pathway straight in your direction! So if you want to clear me out of a room with great speed show me a cockroach! My cat however thought he was so generous in leaving his prize catch right at my easel! Horror of all horrors.....until I realized it was no longer alive! It took all my will power to paint it without bolting for the door!

Purchase paintings at Heidi Shedlock Fine Art

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...