1.2.15

Surfs up in Durban #491


Daily painting #491 6"x8" oil on primed canvas panel

I often get asked by people following paintings in the post who are from Durban and live abroad, why I don't paint more Durban scenes....I usually paint from life and so going down onto our beachfront to paint (especially in the heat) is not that appealing so I looked through some of the many photos I have taken from our Durban piers looking back towards the beachfront and found some beauties! This one was taken from North pier. Of course not all photos make good paintings ....but today I decided to give one of them a try. It is finally raining and the temperature has dropped slightly giving us a little relief from the heat. It's perfect weather to spend time in the studio!

Purchase paintings at Heidi Shedlock Fine Art
(Click on the highlighted writing to view gallery of available daily paintings and for all purchase details)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...