31.8.14

Passion fruit #336


Daily painting #336. 5"x7" oil on primed canvas panel 

This beautiful colourful passion fruit, or as we call them in South Africa....granadillas, were on the breakfast fruit buffet this morning. I wish I could share the smell of them with you....they have a tart, sweet, tropical aroma that just shouts "SUMMER TIME" !!! A bit ironical considering the weather we are having. The restaurant staff tried about 3 times (or more) to take these off of the table for me. They were most concerned that I wasn't eating them and I was assured they were fresh and sweet and everyone was enjoying them....they just couldn't understand why I wasn't eating them! On trying to explain that I wanted to paint them, they of course thought I was even more crazy....occupational hazard!

Purchase paintings at Heidi Shedlock Fine Art
(Click on the highlighted writing to view gallery of available daily paintings and for all purchase details)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...