31.8.14

Indian Ocean #337



Daily painting #337. 6"x8" oil on primed canvas panel

The weather finally cleared enough for me to paint a bit outdoors and there is nothing better than the smell of the sea and the sound of the ocean for a bit of soul food! But it's time to head back home...all good things come to an end....at least I get to take a little reminder home with me!
This month I will be participating in the Leslie Saeta 30/30 challenge again. I participated in her JANUARY challenge and it was a fabulous way to meet other artists and connect with other daily painters around the world. 30/30 means 30 little paintings in 30 days....I think I should manage...and it is a lovely way to finish off my last month in a year of daily paintings! There are over 600 artists worldwide participating in the September challenge....and I think I am the only one from South Africa....although I stand to be corrected .... So here goes as the month of September begins....HAPPY SPRING day to all my Southern Hemisphere friends! 
I thought I would share this lovely picture my daughter (thanks Amy)took early this morning....our coastline really does look like a little piece of heaven....



Purchase paintings at Heidi Shedlock Fine Art

4 comments:

  1. Love your wave painting...enjoy the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can feel the movement in these waves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tammie for the compliment....I do love painting water! X

      Delete
  3. Thank you Meredith...and the same to you! It is good to see some familiar names doing the challenge again!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...