30.8.14

Huletts sugar sachet #335


Daily painting #335. 4"x6" oil on primed canvas panel

We are away at my favorite place down the South Coast, Pumula Beach in Umzumbe. We come here often as you will know if you have been following the blog for a while. It is a lovely family hotel right on the beach and we have been coming here since before my husband and I were even married...my children have grown up here and we have tons of happy family memories from this place. 
The weather however has turned really cold and some parts of KwaZulu Natal, mainly inland, have had snowfalls. Here at the coast we have had strong winds and light rain and the temperature has dropped considerably. So I don't think there will be too many walks on the beach or any swimming (our winters are mild enough that we can swim almost all year round). I think there will be lots of strong coffee, hot chocolate or maybe even some red wine or sherry on the cards this weekend. This was painted from a little veranda outside our bedroom, a light rain was falling and dolphins were bobbing in the sea. My husband was lucky to spot a whale while I had my head in my paintbox! Of course we were sipping good coffee....time to relax for the weekend....regardless of the weather!



Purchase paintings at Heidi Shedlock Fine Art

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...