12.3.14

Old brush #165


Daily painting #165  pen, ink and watercolor on A5 watercolor paper

I have been busy in my studio with a couple of other projects today and only started getting set up for my daily painting later this afternoon only to discover that I had forgotten to prime some more little canvas panels! I normally prepare about 20 of them at a time and have had such a busy week that I didn't realize until yesterday that I needed to prime more canvases.....and of course this morning I forgot! I like to give the little boards a couple of layers of gesso with a light sanding inbetween each dry layer so they really need a day to prepare!
So my daily painting is another little pen, ink and watercolor painting.....of the old Chinese brush I use to apply the layers of gesso. Maybe if I paint it and leave the brush sitting on my work table, it will be the first thing I see in the morning and the old brush will serve as a reminder to prepare some more little canvas panels!

Purchase paintings at Heidi Shedlock Fine Art
(Click on the highlighted writing to view gallery of available daily paintings)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...