27.2.14

Colours in the late afternoon sky #152


Daily painting #152. 6"x6" oil on primed canvas panel

We arrived home later than I hoped this afternoon, but one bonus was that by the time we arrived home the sky was already changing to deep afternoon oranges as the day started to bid farewell! The main part of our house faces east and of course faces the sunrise so I often observe the beautiful morning. Getting home later ended up being a real bonus....or else I would not have noticed the beautiful colors changing in the late afternoon sky as I probably would have been indoors!
You would be forgiven for looking at the image as a rather abstract array of colors.....my husband did dare to ask " what is that?"....he should have known better! A simple observation of the changing sky....

Purchase paintings at Heidi Shedlock Fine Art
(Click on the highlighted writing to view gallery of available work)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...